Exchange your wedding vows with a civil wedding in Italy! The most requested Italian marriage ceremony is the civil wedding and it offers an amazing variety of beautiful locations all around Puglia.
Civil wedding in Puglia are conducted both in historical town halls and private venues including medieval castles, luxury masserias and museums. Occasionally civili wedding ceremony in Puglia may be conducted in a few panoramic outdoor locations.
I have personally selected the finest Puglian civil wedding locations available. The choice is huge and not everyone is listed here yet, so please inquire.
About Civil Wedding in Puglia
- Civil ceremonies must take place in a specific location recognized by the governing authorities for civil weddings. In most cases these are historical town halls. Occasionally a museum, villa or castle.
- Civil ceremonies in Puglia require specific paperwork which varies depending on your nationality. Please, visit specific page on my website for the documents required to get married in Puglia.
- By law, the ceremony must include the reading of the civil wedding articles in Italian, which must be interpreted into English during the ceremony, even if one of the spouses does not speak Italian.
- The ceremony is conducted by the Mayor or substitute.
- I may act as an official interpreter into English.
- Town halls require you to sign a sworn statement a day or two prior to the wedding.
- You may enhance and personalize the civil marriage ceremony with your own vows, readings and music.
- Flower decorations are also possible.
- Two witnesses are required by law, above the age of 18. If necessary I can provide them.
- The civil rite lasts approximately 20/30 minutes depending on the town hall.
- There are no residency requirements to marry in Italy and usually publications are not required for non-residents in Italy.
- Outdoor civil weddings are possible only in certain locations approved by the governing authorities.
A Puglia civil marriage is legally recognized in your home country, the marriage document is registered internationally.
Contact me for a selection of the finest civil wedding locations in Italy!
“Civil Wedding in Puglia” Package 2017
• Wedding coordinator assistance during any fundamental meeting for your wedding and during the wedding ceremony
• Wedding planner throughout the wedding day (not just until the day of ceremony)
• Consultancy and precise explanation of the requirements for a valid civil wedding in Puglia
• Civil wedding ceremony organization, date booking and scheduling with the requested town hall
• Documentation preparation and filing, translation in due time
• Local legalization/Apostille to the Nulla Osta when needed
• Interaction with the local authorities for the release of needed certification due to the wedding of non Italian citizens laws
• Interpreting service during the civil wedding ceremony at the Town Hall
• Two witnesses (if needed)
• Marriage license delivered in the formal format (according to your nationality it will be in multilingual or legalized and translated and certified at the local court + your consulate) for you to register the wedding appropriately in your home country. Including, where applicable, certified true translation Apostille/legalization including due stamps and seals
• Fee to the consulate for the release of the Marriage Certificate
• A bride’s bouquet of roses or similar seasonal flowers, groom’s buttonhole
• Wedding dinner booking
• Coordination of additional services (prices for each service are not included into the package price)